1. All costs associated with the medical or non-medical transport must be prepaid prior to the purchase of transportation unless a contractual agreement or arrangement stating otherwise is in place with Sky Nurses LLC (hereinafter “Company”). If a Business Agreement has been established with Company, the Client (hereinafter “Client”) must send a separate Letter of Guarantee for each transport, and upon completion of services, all payments are due 30 days from receipt of invoice. Any payment after 30 days will be assessed a late fee of 2.0% per month.
2. If Company incurs unforeseen medical or transportation expenses because of events beyond its reasonable control, Client will be responsible for paying such expenses. To the extent feasible, Company will notify Client prior to paying unforeseen medical or transportation expenses to obtain Company’s approval. Notwithstanding the foregoing, if the Patient requires unforeseen medical treatment or related transportation in a circumstance when communication with the Client is not feasible, Client agrees that Company may arrange for such treatment or transportation at Client’s expense and without providing advance notice. In such an event, Company will provide notice to Client promptly upon communications becoming feasible.
3. Airfare prices are subject to change and are not guaranteed until time of purchase. If airfare is requested and purchased, Client is subject to the air carrier’s rules for that ticketing to include charges and fees for cancellations or any changes in dates, locations, etc. Unless expressly requested by Client, non-refundable tickets will be purchased for the Patient and the Escort as a standard practice, because of the lower prices and the significant savings to Client. Under certain circumstances, transports that are scheduled well in advance of the travel dates may require the purchase of refundable airline tickets for the Escort. Company cannot guarantee seat availability nor hold airfare rates for Client under any circumstances.
4. If a Private Charter (e.g., Air Ambulance) is arranged rather than commercial air for the medical transport, the cancellation policy is as follows. If transportation is canceled more than seventy-two (72) hours prior to the originally scheduled departure time from the aircraft location, there are no cancellation fees. If the flight is cancelled in less than seventy-two (72) hours but more than twenty-four (24) hours from the originally scheduled departure time, Client agrees to pay up to 40% of the private charter airfare quoted to Company. If the flight is cancelled in less than twenty-four (24) hours but more than twelve (12) hours from the originally scheduled departure time, Client agrees to pay up to 50% of the private charter airfare quoted to Company. If the flight is cancelled in less than twelve hours (12) hours from the originally scheduled departure time and the plane has not departed, Client agrees to pay up to 80% of the private charter airfare quoted to Company. If the transportation is canceled after the departure of the aircraft from its location, Client agrees to pay 100% of the private charter airfare quoted to Company.
5. If there is a disruption, delay, change, or cancellation of any travel arrangements due to unforeseen health issues, fit-to-fly concerns, or changing health circumstances, Client is responsible for paying all charges, costs, and expenses incurred by Company resulting from these events. Client acknowledges that Company is merely arranging for transportation, and Client expressly agrees that it will be financially responsible for the full costs resulting from delays, flight diversion, or failure of aircraft to depart from or arrive at any point according to any schedule, agreement or otherwise, for whatever reason, including but not limited to problems with the aircraft, airline, weather conditions, acts of God, or any other cause beyond the control of Company. Company will notify Client to obtain approval prior to accepting or making payment for any such costs caused by events outside the control of Company, unless it is not reasonably possible to do so given time constraints, communication problems, or other circumstances.
6. It is understood that trips may be canceled and/or rescheduled due to various reasons outside of Client’s control and any such notification must be in writing. However, this Quote and the services to be provided are not transferable and are only to be provided for the person or persons indicated for this Quote. If a trip is rescheduled, there will be an administrative fee up to $1000.00 (USD) in addition to any cancellation fees for airfare, hotels, ground transportation, etc.
7. The medical management fee includes the review of the Patient’s medical records by Company, obtaining a medical report from the attending physician, on-call medical personnel, and monitoring of the transport as it progresses. Most airlines require 48-72 hours for medical clearance approval. The airlines will not approve medical clearance until tickets have been purchased. Company will make every attempt to obtain medical clearance on a commercial airline, however, only the airline can approve medical clearances. The airline has the right to deny passage to any passenger who presents unwell and who they feel may pose a risk of diversion. Under certain circumstances, a non-refundable deposit of $1000.00 (USD) may be required for a medical escort. To begin the medical process for a stretcher case, a non-refundable deposit of $1000.00 (USD) is required. The non-refundable deposit will be applied to the total balance due, should Company complete the transport.
8. Prior to and/or upon quote acceptance, Company will communicate with Client to obtain information about the Patient’s health and mobility needs. Client agrees to truthfully answer all questions regarding the Patient’s current health conditions and mobility status as well as provide as much information as possible to assist in the evaluation process. This is essential so that the appropriate Level of Service and/or Escort will be assigned, and that the chosen Escort will have the necessary skills to perform his/her job in the safest and best possible manner. Concealing or withholding information is a very serious matter and can impact the Patient’s health and safety while traveling. It may also be grounds for immediate termination of services by Company and possible financial penalties for additional costs and expenses incurred by Company.
9. Client may pay by bank wire, electronic funds transfer (EFT) check, or credit card. If paying by credit card, there will be a credit card charge added to the quoted price. Furthermore, Client hereby agrees that if it makes payment by credit card and has a dispute or disagreement with Company, Client will not raise this dispute with Client’s credit card company or seek adjudication of any dispute with Company through or by Client’s credit card company. Client agrees that if Client pays Company by credit card, Client will not instruct Client’s credit card company to reverse such charges.
10. Any dispute or disagreement arising out of or in connection with this Agreement will be amicably settled between both Parties. If both Parties are unable to settle amicably any dispute within a reasonable time, this Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Florida and will be litigated in that State or in the Federal Courts located in that State. Any litigation commenced in accordance with the laws of the State of Florida will be instituted and adjudicated in Palm Beach County. In any litigation between Company and Client, the prevailing Party will be entitled to recover reasonable attorney’s fees and costs at all levels.