- Key = important goals in nursing that assist with care and treatment of patients during a medical escort. Focus on patient centered care.
- Performance = the standard of care we want to achieve.
- Indicator = elements of care we focus on to tell us if we are achieving the key goals.
KPIs also measure performance by comparing results against standards or other similar organizations. This helps Sky Nurses to improve the service that we provide by identifying where performance is at the desired level and also to identify where improvements are required.
KPIs that Sky Nurses continuously monitors are:
- Consistent delivery of nursing care against the identified need of the patient.
- Patient's confidence in the knowledge and skills of the nurse.
- Patient's sense of safety during the medical escort.
- Patient involvement in decisions made about his/her nursing care during the medical escort.
- Respect from the nurse for patient's culture.
Top 2 Elements of Care:
- Pain Management during a medical escort.
- Communication between Clinician and Sky Nurses during a medical escort.
Strongest source of evidence and Data Collection Methods
- Patient through surveys, patient stories, compliments or complaints.
- Clinicians through interview.
- Documentation by consistent chart audits.